Friday 3 June 2011

Progress

As of yesterday morning, our forms have been received and we've been accepted onto the trek! It really is happening now which is exciting and terrifying in equal parts. I think the next year is going to literally fly past us and before we know it we are going to be packing our bags!

So in light of our impending doom trek we continue to plough on with fundraising and organising. My life seems to have been taken over and I'm busier than I've ever been but I am truly loving it. We have masses of ideas and are planning lots of different things but the main three events we are consumed with at the moment are a Fun Dog Show in August, a Masquerade Ball in October and a Zumbathon, hopefully in July.

Just today, things have started to fall into place with the dog show as we've found a judge and booked a venue. So Ally and I got together and wrote HUGE lists of things to do so my busy life sets to get busier!

I've also had a wonderful friend organise a shopping night, of her volition, with all proceeds going towards our fundraising - I cannot begin to thank her enough! That's happening next Thursday so we are now anxiously waiting for all our fundraising merchandise to arrive from Head Office. Hopefully there will be lots of ladies buying some lovely clothes and donating lots of money!

The ball is probably the most exciting thing we are trying to organise but also one of the most frustrating! We've found a great venue with not such a great price and also a not so great venue with an amazing price. All in all, at the moment we are just waiting a lot of the time for people to phone/email us back before we can start cracking on.

Last weekend with the Bank Holiday was so difficult. Ally and I were so fired up on Thursday but nobody was around on Friday to talk to and we were held in limbo for a very long weekend until we can start our next round of phone calls, emails, meetings, haggling, bargaining and shamefaced begging!

And now we have another weekend which I am wishing away so we can start all over again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment