Wednesday 11 May 2011

And our chosen charity is.........

Macmillan Cancer Support!

Ally came round this afternoon and armed with chocolate shortbread cookies (not good for our training but we will walk them off!) we had decided that we weren't leaving until we had chosen a charity.

Rather surprisingly we actually made the decision to fundraise for Macmillan within the first 5 minutes! We each had a shortlist of charities that we had considered and actually Macmillan was the obvious choice for both of us. As I've previously mentioned, I lost my grandmother to cancer when I was very little and my parents tell me she was cared for by Macmillan nurses but due to a lack of funding, they couldn't offer as much support as was desperately needed. So if we can help someone else just a little bit, that would be amazing.

Although I say a little bit, we actually worked out the amount we need to fundraise stands at a staggering and incredibly daunting £7500!!!!! But Ally keeps assuring me that once we get the ball rolling the money will start coming in thick and fast.......

Which leads me on to our Just Giving page - we also set this up this afternoon and would love to get the donations coming in so please donate whatever you can, it all helps! Just go to www.justgiving.com/incatrekchallenge

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic choice of charity! My Nanny was cared for by Macmillan nurses in her last few weeks too and they were so lovely. They did her hair and made her feel nice when she couldn't herself. They are definitely in need of more funding and I'll help you raise money in every way I can too :-) You are so brave! x

    ReplyDelete