Thursday 12 May 2011

The quest for fundraising begins....

......with Sock Monkeys!

No, I'm not joking. I've always had a weakness for these little fellows and with some research have found that they sell for upwards of £10. Again, not joking.

So, being quite creative I am going to start making this little creatures and sell them to anyone and everyone I know! Within minutes of posting a picture of my prototype monkey on Facebook, I've had a fab response from my wonderful friends and even had an offer of a stall at a craft market!

My cunning plan is to spend my evenings (currently spent wearing out my Sky+ box) making them and then selling them for £10 each with every penny going towards our fundraising and therefore to Macmillan.

I think that by touting them on Facebook, Twitter and here and also by taking them with me to events that I'm already doing with Phoenix I could potentially do quite well.

I've created a Facebook page - Sock Monkey Picchu (see what I've done there?!!) and all new creatures will be listed for sale as soon as I have made them! So please feel free to like my page and buy as many as you can! This way you also get something back from your donation but are safe in the knowledge that every penny of your money is going to Macmillan!

Here's a thought - if I can make 370 of them and sell them for £10 each then I will have raised the minimum sponsorship money needed for the trek........

No comments:

Post a Comment